Unconventional & Alternative: Spice up your wedding with unique twists!
Hey there, lovebirds! It’s time to infuse your special day with quirkiness and fun! At a|WEDDING by Tatum, we believe in celebrating your unique love story in extraordinary ways. So, let’s throw out the conventional rule book and explore some delightful alternatives that will make your big day truly unforgettable.
1. Sweet treats galore: Let them eat (alternatives to) cake!
Who said wedding cakes had to be towering and tiered? Embrace your inner dessert lover and opt for a variety of delightful alternatives. From mouth-watering dessert bars with cookies, candy and macarons to a whimsical donut wall.
Fun alternatives for a wedding cake can include:
- A donut wall with all your favourite flavours.
- Champagne/ bubbly tower that you can pour and sip.
- Cutting into your favourite pizza for pre-dinner snack.
- A midnight snack like McDonalds burgers or chips.
- A coffee bar for all those coffee lovers.
- DIY candy floss bar.
- Candy bar with a selection of sweeties to bring out your inner child.
- Ice cream or gelato cart.
2. Creative Seating Shenanigans
Banish the seating chart! Why not inject some fun and spontaneity into your seating arrangement? How about a seating roulette, where guests draw cards for their tables? Or go for a DIY seating chart made of Polaroid photos, where guests can find their seat based on a fun memory they share with you? The goal is to get your guests mingling and laughing before the dance floor opens!
Fun alternatives for seating charts could possibly include:
- Take a shot, take a seat walls.
- Book marks or book covers for the book worms.
- Fun, personalised sunglasses.
- Polaroid photos or childhood photos.
- Honey pots that can double-up as a thank you gift.
- Sip & solve crossword puzzles – create custom crossword puzzles or quizzes for guests to solve, with the correct answers leading them to their designated tables.
3. Exit in Style: Bid Farewell with a bang!
Why walk out to a shower of confetti when you can make a grand exit in style? Sparklers are a classic option, but why not level-up with LED foam sticks or colourful smoke bombs? For a whimsical touch, consider bubbles, streamers, cold sparklers or even glow sticks, leaving your guests in awe. The sky’s the limit for creating a spectacular send-off!
4. Table numbers with a twist: Let your creativity flow
Ditch the plain table numbers and infuse your reception with unique charm. How about naming your tables after your favourite movies, songs, or places you’ve travelled together? Use the table number as the age of the couple and add photos of the couple at that age to add a touch of nostalgia.
5. Out-of-the-Box Venues: The world is your oyster!
Break away from traditional wedding venues and explore unconventional spaces that reflect your personalities. Exchange vows in a lush garden, on a picturesque beach, or even in a quirky art gallery, library or museum. For nature lovers, why not tie the knot amidst towering trees in a magical forest? Remember – the venue is the canvas on which your love story unfolds!
7. Alternative pre-dinner bars: Cheers to unique libations!
Why settle for a regular cocktail hour when you can elevate the experience with alternative pre-dinner bars? Shake things up by offering a cocktail or mimosa bar. For the beer lovers, set up a craft beer tasting station with a variety of local brews.
Fun alternative bars can include:
- Champagne towers or ring to get bubbly walls.
- Cocktail bars with all your favourites.
- Gin bar or station with all the amazing garnishes you can think of.
- Shot bar, cart or even tap.
- Wine tasting bar where guests can roam and taste different wines.
Let the drinks flow and the good times roll!
8. Bouquet and Garter Toss Alternatives: Playful Twists on Traditions
The bouquet and garter toss can be a little predictable. So, why not add a playful twist that reflects your personalities? Instead of tossing the bouquet, gather all the single ladies on the dance floor and have a lively bouquet dance-off! The person left holding the bouquet at the end gets a special prize. As for the garter toss; consider swapping it for a game of musical chairs! It’s all about infusing laughter and enjoyment into these traditional moments!
Remember – your wedding day is a celebration of the extraordinary connection you share. By infusing quirky and fun elements into every aspect; you’ll create memories that last a lifetime. So, dare to be different, throw away the rule book, and let your imaginations soar!
Wishing you a wedding day filled with laughter, love, and delightful surprises.